Z-Health® is a cutting-edge system that helps people improve their health, alleviate their pain, and maximize their athletic performance. And in Z-Health everyone is considered to be an athelete.
Most training systems focus on muscles via resistance training and flexibility exercises or on the heart and lungs through aerobic-work. Z-Health is much more evolved. Z-Health focuses on the nervous system. The nervous system manages your entire body. If you need to make changes in pain, range of motion, strength, coordination, speed, agility, or any other physical attribute, the fastest path to getting there is to adjust your nervous system.
- It is the governing system of the body. In other words, it runs the whole show.
- It is the most plastic system of the body. Research has proven that the nervous system can continue to learn and adapt at ANY age, which means you can improve your body at ANY point in your life by focusing on the nervous system.
- It is the fastest system of the body. Your nerves communicate throughout the body at lightning-fast speed. What is wonderful about this is if you impact the nervous system correctly, you can make nearly instantaneous changes in the body
All day every day we are communicating with our nervous system. It is your guardian that is always on duty. Here is a link to an EXCELLENT video "Z-Health and Neurology 101" that explains in simple terms how the nervous system works and how Z-Health interfaces with it.
Z-Health targets the nervous system in many different ways:
- Visual Skills Training
- Unique Balance Challenges
- Precise Mobility Work
- Non-Traditional Strength Training Exercises
- Sensory Integration Drills
- And many, many more
One thing that all of these approaches have in common is a persistent focus on novelty. Modern neuroscience tells us that the brain learns best when there is something new to learn. By varying the stimulus (which can be as dramatic as an entirely new movement or as subtle as a change in lighting) you get the nervous system’s attention. This allows us to use every training session as a “neural reeducation experience” leading to not only better movement, but more interesting and powerful training sessions.
Z-Health’s nervous system-based exercise program was created by Dr. Eric Cobb. For more information see below.